Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Do It Yourself Creative Cork Board



I am LOVING all of the UNIQUE and CREATIVE Chalk Boards and Cork Boards
that I see everywhere.  I was ITCHING to make my own Creative Cork Board.
While thrifting one day I found this BEAUTIFUL OLD SCREEN.
It's at least 5 ft. tall.  I sort of have a thing FOR OLD things and giving them NEW LIFE:)


 My Old Window Screen that I bought for $12.  It was originally $15.
The owner of the booth was there that day and saw me looking at it.  She said she'd give it to me for 
$12 if I wanted it.  I love a deal!  DON'T EVER be AFRAID to HAGGLE!
The worst they can say is NO!  The best they can say is YES!


I bought a roll of Cork Contact Paper.  I know...can you BELIEVE there really is such a thing;)
You can buy a roll for about $9.  It didn't adhere to the screen very well.
I had to break out the hot glue gun.


I also used some over sized brads to secure the edges.

Now the front of my fridge is totally CLEAN!
NO MORE VISUAL CLUTTER IN THE KITCHEN!
I am REALLY HAPPY with how it turned out.  
Don't be afraid to look at something old and turn it into something 
  TOTALLY UNEXPECTED:)

Seriously....HAVE YOU EVER SEEN AN OLD SCREEN  TURNED CORK BOARD?
Now you have.  What kind of Unexpected things have you been CREATING?
Go Peruse the Thrift Store and Make Something Inspired;)
Never Be Afraid to Try Something.  Even if it sounds as Crazy as a Screen Cork Board.
You'll probably surprise yourself. 

Stay Fashionable! Love,Candy

3 comments:

  1. This is soo awesome! Love it. Newest follower.

    We are having our first link party.. would you link up and follow us too?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this.. I am going to try to do this. thanks for sharing.

    www.pamelasheavenlytreats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea! I'm psyched. I found a nice little desk for $10 that needs painted and new knobs (although I have a little surprise instead of knobs!) that I can't wait to get started on! I'll be blogging about it, but it may not be for a bit until I can work on it.

    ReplyDelete